Whether you are interested in our programs for mental or physical well-being, self-defense, or if you are looking for more focus, discipline, and self-control in your life, East West Tae Kwon Do offers a number of programs that will fit your developmental needs while fitting your busy schedule. All of our classes are fun, positive, structured, disciplined, safe, and flexibly scheduled.
- Tiger Program (4 to 9 Year Olds) Our youngest students will begin to practice and develop “early skills” in our fun and structured program. Kids enjoy and take pride in being a part of a regular routine as they make progress in each class and learn what they can do! Watch their confidence grow as they develop balance, coordination, and listening skills in a fun and safe environment as they begin to learn some basic martial arts techniques.
- Kids (White & Yellow Belts) (Ages 10+) Our Kids’ Program is designed to develop life skills such as listening, focus, self-discipline, and self-control. This program includes training in Tae Kwon Do, self-defense, and fitness and is a great way to develop your child’s confidence and self-esteem. We emphasize character and leadership. Sparring begins at yellow belt.
- Advanced Kids (Green, Blue and Red Belts) – Self-defense is the bare minimum your child will walk away with from our classes. Through setting goals and advancing through the martial arts ranking system, your child will develop ambition, drive and determination. Through practicing their moves, they’ll learn discipline and the value of hard work. By paying attention in class, and respecting their instructors and fellow students, they’ll learn patience, respect and courtesy.
- Adult/Teen Class (13 Years+) Our Adult classes are perfect for teenagers and adults looking to get in shape and learn self-defense. Focus is on practical self-defense training, conditioning, and traditional Tae Kwon Do. No other activity provides the same positive results, on a personal level, for each individual participant. The combined adult/teen class also provides parents a great opportunity to bond with your teens as they go through some of the most challenging years of their lives.
- Parent Class Feel like you’re 16 again! This program provides an opportunity to lose weight and relieve stress, but it is also exercise with a purpose. While improving your physical conditioning, you will be developing important self-defense skills. Convenient daytime classes.
Does Your Child Need Special Accommodations?
There are two primary components of martial arts. The physical – coordination, balance, muscle- control; and the mental – focus, discipline, and self-control. Because of the strong integration of these fundamental elements, the martial arts is the perfect activity for those who may need a little extra support. At East West Tae Kwon Do, our mission is to use the art of Tae Kwon Do to help develop the whole person physically, mentally and spiritually in all of our students. Our instructors have had much success helping students with occupational therapy needs, learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, or ASD, and other special circumstances, reach their highest potential in a safe and caring environment.
If you have a child with special needs and would like to see if East West Tae Kwon Do would be a good fit for your child, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a private introductory class.